Solutions for Risk Exposure®


Help Preparing and Filing a
Restaurant or Other Business
Claim for Lost Income
After the BP Oil Spill


Restaurants, whether operating as sole owners, partnerships, LLC's or corporations, may file interim claims and final claims for damages with the Gulf Coast Claims Facility ["GCCF"], established after the BP Oil Spill.

For assistance after an income loss to your
restaurant or other food business
Caused by the BP Oil Spill
You are encouraged to contact John Ruskin at the address or phone number, below.

Background on John Ruskin is available here.

There is no fee for an initial consultation.

Interim and Final Oil Spill Claims with the GCCF

Filing and settling interim claims and final claims with the GCCF should be undertaken with a diligent analysis and review of the restaurant's specific operations and books. Most restaurants' income after costs-of-goods, and their net income, are cyclical over weekly and annual periods. Demonstrating and projecting sales but-for the BP spill, and income losses and damages due to the BP spill, should be undertaken with the assistance of both legal counsel, and competent insurance loss professionals.

Get competent legal and insurance loss advice before you settle

Though restaurants generally have common structures and operations, each restaurant, indeed every location in a multi-location operation, will have unique elements that distinguish it from the competition. While there are common tools for projecting income and analyzing losses, each review is unique, and should depend on the specifics of the operation. Choose wisely when you seek help on how to file a claim for lost income.

What to do now -- How Restaurants may file and settle a claim for BP Damages

As with any fire, flood or other loss event, "how to" is founded on preparation and the advice you get. Here are some initial steps:

For an initial consultation on restaurants and their BP restaurant claims, please contact John Ruskin at the address or phone number, below.

Background on John Ruskin is available here.
How to contact Ruskin & Associates

     JohnRuskin (at) ComplianceOfficer (dot) Com

     phone number

Postal Mailing Address:

     phone number

Go to Top      BP Spill Home -      Home -